Monday, March 8, 2021

Chocolate Date Brownies

Just another fun day in the kitchen, I made chocolate brownies with a twist, I added dates on my mix. I have been enjoying baking this past few months and glad to try different kinds of mixture. This time I used Maya Celebrations by Sharon fudge brownie mix.


I received dates from my sister-in-law who is working from Saudi Arabia. I also learned that she uses dates on her cake recipes and tried it on my mix. Dates are good sweeteners, did you know that it is very nutritious too? Research have shown that dates are rich in vitamins, nutrients, fibers and antioxidants. Some of its healthy benefits are ;

*high in fiber which prevents constipation
*promotes bone health
*contains antioxidants that prevents some illness such as heart disease
*improves brain function
* can be a treatment to hair lost
* very good for the skin as it contains Vitamin C and Vitamin D
*also ease natural labor for pregnant women  


Chocolate Dates Brownies
Ingredients:
1 cup of dates
1 pack Fudge Brownie's mix 230g
1/4 cup oil
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon water
Nuts

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Remove the seeds of dates and cut into small pieces. Blend it with oil, egg, water and the brownie mix in a bowl. Mix until smooth then top it with nuts.
3. Grease the pan with batter. I used 9x5x1 rectangular pan with this mix. 
4. Bake for 15 minutes. 
5. Let it cool and cut into square. Serve!!


 

This chocolate date brownies is very satisfying, best paired with hot coffee. You can also try this mix using a steamer, stove or oven toaster. Baking needs not to be complicated, you can choose to use baking mix and add a special ingredient to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment